Archwood Historical Marker (Clarksville - Montgomery County)

Dublin Core

Title

Archwood Historical Marker (Clarksville - Montgomery County)

Description

Archwood historical marker erected by the Tennessee Historical Commission. The sign reads: "Originally known as the Rexinger House, Archwood was built in 1878 by Samuel Rexinger, a former postmaster of Clarksville (1867 - 1883). In 1965, the private residence was sold to the State of Tennessee and became the property of Austin Peay State University. It was used as the home of the president of the university until 1980. The structure was renamed Archwood in 1977 and was listed on the National Register of Historical Places

Creator

Tennessee Historical Commission

Date

1878

Contributor

Johnson, Elizabeth, photographer.

Coverage

19th Century; 20th Century

Citation

Tennessee Historical Commission, “Archwood Historical Marker (Clarksville - Montgomery County),” Tennessee Jewish Heritage Digital Archive Project, accessed December 11, 2019, http://tennesseejewishheritage.org/items/show/71.

Output Formats